I was shocked at the time! Is such awesome hydroxypropyl methylcellulose not yet Pick?
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is one of the more popular ones in the chemical industry. It is loved by people because of its unique advantages. Do you know what different advantages it has? Take a look.
Product Features of Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose:
(1) The viscosity of hydroxypropylmethylcellulose is related to the molecular weight, and the viscosity is high when the molecular weight is large. Temperature also affects its viscosity, temperature increases, and viscosity decreases. However, its high viscosity is lower than that of methyl cellulose. Its solution is stable at room temperature.
(2) The cellulose is stable to acid and alkali, and its aqueous solution is stable in the range of pH = 2 to 12. Caustic soda and lime water have little effect on their properties, but alkali accelerates their dissolution and increases viscosity slightly. This cellulose has stability to ordinary salts, but when the concentration of the salt solution is high, the viscosity of such a cellulose solution tends to increase.
(3) The cellulose is easily soluble in cold water and the hot water dissolves. However, its gelation temperature in hot water is significantly higher than the gelation temperature of methyl cellulose. Dissolution in cold water is also much better than methyl cellulose.
(4) Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose can be mixed with a water-soluble polymer to form a uniform, highly viscous solution. Such as polyvinyl alcohol, lake water powder ether, vegetable gum and the like.
(5) This cellulose has a higher adhesion to the mortar structure than methyl cellulose.
After reading the above introduction, do you have a deeper understanding of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose? I hope that it will help you a lot. If you are interested, please continue to pay attention to us.